Thursday, May 8, 2008

...call of the day...

For anyone who might not know-- I do have a REAL job!!!  I hate it when people say that, as if being a mom isn't a REAL job, but anyway-my hunny & I own a flower shop.  We have had it now for 6 year & sometimes love it more than others.  This time of year it is really hard to love it!  1 of the few downfalls of owning a flower shop, or even working at one for that matter, is that any holiday that other people enjoy (for example V-day, Mother's Day, or even Christmas time) you sort of  HATE!!!  This weekend is like pure HE- double toothpicks for me!!!  

On that note I will proceed with the call of the day...
This afternoon a lady calls to check on an order.  Pretty normal~for some odd reason if people don't hear from there loved ones that they send flowers to it is never because the recipient is busy or has just forgotten to call, it is because the flower shop has OBVIOUSLY screwed something up.  Anyway, the lady calls.  I ask her a little info about who they were going to, the date of the order, her name & so on.  I put her on hold a couple of times & can not find any info about this order anywhere.  Did I mention that this lady is a TOTAL BEAST!  She was!!!  So I keep asking more questions & she was getting ruder & ruder by the second.  Treating me like I am a complete IDIOT... which I am not I would just like to add.  After 10 minutes of so of her yelling & belittling me I told her that I was the only one at the shop the morning she placed the order & that she hadn't talked to me.  She then replied... "well isn't this P***** Floral?"  
I said- "NO- this is B******* gift & floral."  She then didn't even apologize & just hung up.  Needless to say, I was grumpy for a good while after that... till I got another diet Pepsi!
Gotta love your job!

4 comments:

*Kelly* said...

Oh! You handled that way better than I would have! I would have been crying and venting for two days after something like that! By the way, your blog and photography blog are ADORABLE!!! I'm new to this whole blogging thing (3 days experience!) and I want to know how you made your own banner! It's so cute! P.S. do you have a website or blog of your flower shop? Just wondering because I'd love to check it out. By the way, this is Kelly from good old Red Robin if you were furrowing your brow wondering, "who's kelly?" You can check my blog out at dearthduo.blogspot.com Thanks for all the tips and recipes I get off your blog, your seriously one amazing domestic diva!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

Brit,
How bad do I feel bothering you about my silly little questions when you were in mother's day hell!! YOu are the best, thanks for your patience! sorry about the beastly lady, but if there is anyone that can deal with a beast it's you!

Mary and Ryan said...

How aweful!! I want to drop kick people like that off the planet!! Im sure you handled it better than I would have!!

6 P's in a Pod said...

The moral of this story...Diet Pepsi makes everything all better.