Sunday, June 1, 2008

...this weekends project-Done! Next weekends--not even close...

This weekend I got my window boxes planted. It is a little later than normal, but since we went out of town I didn't want to make my sis take care of those too. I think the house & the dog were definitely enough! Anyhoo- they are done. I know they don't look like much now, but by the end of the summer I will be crying that I am going to have to rip them out. They are so beautiful & they are my favorite part of my "landscape". Even though they are not really in the land.

Now for my next project. I don't know how many people know this about me, but I love yard sale!!! I love looking for the potential in things. What was once beautiful that needs a new chance at life. So this weekend, while my mom & I were headed to get our plants, found this beauty at a yard sale. I know that she needs a lot of work-- but she is going to be so amazing when she is finished! Now for the kicker... the entire piece~ $25.00. I know, I couldn't pass it up either. Now I just need to find the right color. I will post paint samples this week and have a vote.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ahh - your planters are so cute! I am definitely jealous, but what a lot of work. And that cabinet does have a ton of potential! That'll be so cute!

Kory Klein said...

I love to garage sale too!! There is something about getting something for next to nothing and making it look great! I just redid an old entertainment center and made it into a toy storage thingy- so fun!